Monday 27 June 2011

Sunday 26th June 11

The hottest day of the year so far, and unfortunately I was working.  However, despite the heat, it was a good day.

I got my trailer loaded up with all my Fiddlesticks stuff and at 9am, set out for Acomb to hopefully get to Alison's for 9.30.  I was a few minutes late but she wasn't ready.... her two teen offspring were coming too so I had a few minutes to wait whilst they got themselves ready.

Alison works for Wakefield Council and was partly responsible for the Green Living Day at Waterton Countryside Discovery Centre.  She is an energy advice person and the stalls at this event were a mix of solar panel installers, cycling advocates, the RSPB, Woodland Trust and the like.  I found a reasonable place with some shade, and hard-standing for the unicycle toys.  I was busy from 11am all the way through til 4pm, with just 10 minutes break for lunch.

I did get very hot and a bit sunburnt, but there were a constant stream of contented punters which was good... kept me busy!

I dozed on the way home to Alison's and then woke up (fortunately!) for the cycle back to Hull Road.

Gill made me some tea, a really good salad, and then at 9 I went out and did an hour and a half of filling the orchard raised bed with 4 barrows of rich compost, and 2 barrows of soil.  It isn't full yet but tomorrow I'll finish it and plant it up.

Enjoyed some more of the Glastonbury coverage but not everything, I really wasn't into Beyonce.

No comments: