Sunday 15 April 2007

Sunday 15th April 07

Got up and spent an hour or more redoing my blog from yesterday which wouldn't publish. As I'm on dialup I get the page on screen and go offline and type. When I go online again I sometimes find I cannot connect to blogger and I don't know what to do about it. It's SO frustrating!

However it didn't take too long and I was able to finish before Uncle Douglas arrived, over from Sheffield, at about 10.30. He's my brother in law and we get on very well; they'd been given some tomato plants from my mother when they visited Weston Super Mare last week, and Douglas was delivering them to me, and collecting 3 big bags of mature compost for top-dressing their border. He also took the SUMA stuff he and Anna had ordered, and stayed less than an hour.

Had a nice lunch and did some paperwork and washing up and family stuff. Encouraged kids to do homework.

At 4pm Nicola a Freecycler arrived with several sacks of wooden offcuts which they didn't want to put in a skip, and took a wander round the garden and had a cuppa and a chat. She's a composter too and didn't want a bag of compost, but it was good to help her out with her wooden offcuts and meet her and her husband.

An evening with lots of writing... did a column for Families in the Vale Of York Magazine, on ethical/green entertainers. Also lots of Googletalking with my friend in America, til very late.

No comments: