Wednesday 16 June 2010

Wednesday 16th June 10

I got up after the boys had left for school and again, had some time with Gill before I headed off to town to meet with my YWNBR colleagues Tony and Hugh, down at the Theatre Royal. We needed to touch base about last chance publicity, stewarding, all sorts of bits and bobs.

I called in on Barnitts on the way home to buy some bamboo canes which will enable people who buy flags to put them on their bike.

Then I called in on Country Fresh to pick up 3 boxes of compostables plus a range of veggies and fruit to keep the family going... I got in at 2pm and had a late lunch. I listened to Anna Semlyen on Radio York being interviewed about the ride and the 20's Plenty campaign.

Once the children were back home I did some more work in the garden... preparing the pond area for the forthcoming pond, by removing ground elder and brambles. Also did a bit of composting.

Later I went out log collecting and raised the suspicions of a car driver who stopped to watch me.

No comments: