Tuesday 7 April 2009

Monday 6th April 09

Another good day, after a late start I did my Community Care Blog and then at midday headed into town to a meeting with my Transition buddies down at City Screen, to discuss the publicity around The Age of Stupid, and the panel members for the discussion afterwards.

I then went to chat to the proprietor of 'One' Ethical Boutique, about a possible publicity stunt for the film, and my building society to pay in a cheque, the council to give in some paperwork, and finally to see Dylan at Millers Yard, and a good chat and collected several sacks of oranges and coffee grounds, which I promptly took to the St Nicks Fields composting area. All that pet shop sawdust needs some nitrogen-rich stuff!

Home for a very late lunch... 3pm and then did a bit in the garden, clearing up some of the riddling before tea and then another meeting, this time a YorkLETS meeting which I chaired and I think was a successful meeting.

Home by 10, and had to do more writing, this time the proposed text for the Age of Stupid flyer/poster.

2 comments:

James said...

John

See this article

http://www.enviromom.com/2009/04/what-are-you-burning-in-your-fireplace.html

Interesting subject given that it affects one of your main hobbies!

Compost John said...

The article was mainly about open fires and inefficient woodstoves. Ours are legally called 'smokefree', as judged in stringent tests by the UK Government. They therefore emit no particulates or extremely low levels during normal operation.

I posted a reply on this website.

Thanks for the link, though.