Friday 18 July 2008

Thursday 17th July 08

I took the boys to school in the rain.

Had a fairly quiet day. I did go to town and get out the insurance cheque for the Green Festival, and sent it off. I popped in to the Kyi-Po shop for some soya ice cream which Gill likes, and then on the way home on the cycle track, got a trailer-full of logs.

I went to school at hometime to attend the End of Term Green Thumbs Gang party, and took my Fiddlesticks stuff to do a little show which was ok, not brilliant, but it added to the event.

I left early as I had an appointment with the Blood Donor folks and headed down to the Merchant Taylor's Hall and the Blood people took an armful. I like to give regularly, but last donated in March 07 as they lost my details off their computer and didn't invite me to donate... I thought they'd found something they didn't want in my blood and weren't inviting me back. But then last week I got the magazine they send out (so I was still on their system!) and I rang them to see if I was still wanted... and I was. Anyway, I'm usually quite quick with my bloodflow but this time I had a slow-down half-way through, but not enough for them to stop the donation, and I managed to fill my bag and left with a cuppa and 3 biccies in me.

On the way home I couldn't resist picking up another load of logs from the cycle track...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you re. giving blood. I really admire that.

Compost John said...

This was my 22nd donation... if you are able to give blood (and there are significant sections of the population who cannot) then you should, after all, it could be your child or parent who needs a transfusion, or you might need one and get donated blood...
I wish more folks would do it. It's not painful or horrible or a problem, and it feels good to be helping others!