Sunday 6 July 2008

Sunday 6th July 08 Disability Awareness Day, Warrington

A ridiculously early start... up at 5am to get the 6.05 to Manchester Piccadilly... where I had a 55 minute wait for the short hop to Oxford Road, then 10 mins wait for the Warrington train, getting there on time at 9.39, in plenty of time to catch the 10am free transfer bus to Walton Hall Gardens where the fantastic annual Disability Awareness Day takes place.

So I spent the next 5 or so hours unicycling and devilsticking and making balloon models, having a whale of a time in an environment where I feel completely at home and amongst friends. It is one of the highlights of my year. The weather was suprisingly kind... only one showere during the event, and one at 5 as it was shutting down, as I went for the bus.

A short wait on the station and a train all the way back to York, getting in at 8.

No comments: