Monday 16 May 2011

Sunday 15th May 11

I slept in late, which was lovely. I didn't get dressed til after midday.  I half-listened to Gardener's Question Time on Radio 4.  Gill went to the Co-op for soya milk as we've run out of our Suma order supply, but forgot to get goats cheese so I went to get that for her.  On the way back I picked up some branches that John and Elizabeth emailed me about, and I was shown their huge rabbit and we chatted about beans, slugs and comfrey.  I also collected some pallets from a neighbour who had asked me to recycle them.

I did a pick-up from Country Fresh; Richard was just leaving as he had a gig this evening, so Martin sorted me out with 4 boxes of compostables, which included a big pile of tomatoes.

I did some work in the garden, unloading the Compostumbler and refilling it, and doing some weeding in the area which I hope to make into a raised bed.

Last thing, whilst making tomato soup, I watched On A Clear Day, a really good 'feelgood flick' about a man's attempt to swim the Channel.

I'm wondering if I am just a 'night owl' or have Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome. My sleep patterns match the description in this really well, but I'm lucky that my lack of a regular 9-5 work and a wife who sleeps in the evening and gets up at 6am means that it isn't much of a problem.

No comments: