Sunday 1 May 2011

Saturday 30th April 11

Another good day, keeping busy and active.  I did quite a bit of work in the garden, finishing off splitting the last of the John Bibby logs, and stacking them under cover in the back garden too.

I did some riddling, as I've another order and need to make up a load of potting compost for the shop.

Mid afternoon I cycled down to Fishergate to deliver some spare Green Party election leaflets to Dave Taylor; it's the first time I've ever been to his house.  Chris, his partner, appeared, and she invited me in for a cuppa but I needed to go to Alligator and sort out their composting... they'd about two week's worth to collect and some of it was very liquidy. Anyhow, I brought a trailer-load home and immediately put it on the latest heap. I also got a tub of dairy-free blueberry Swedish Glace ice cream and a dairy free garlic mayonnaise from Alligator.... a bit of a treat!

Gill made an unusual tea.... a quiche which used slices of bread instead of pastry.  I'm not a huge fan of eggs but it was OK.  I enjoyed the baked beans and potatoes, and the red onion in the quiche.

Later, I did a large pile of washing up and sorted out the pineapple slices I put to dry last night.  I got some grapes today, so I started to go through them to prepare them for blanching and drying.

No comments: