Sunday 3 August 2008

Sunday 3rd August 08

The boys let us sleep in fairly late, but by 9am they were hungry and starting to fight, so I got up and helped Gilly get breakfast for them. A lazy morning really, did do about half an hour in the garden and then watched Countryfile and washed up.

Lots of childcare stuff during the day, they're both at a loose end and mooching around so tried to find things to occupy them which they were interested in and didn't result in 'Why would I want to do that?'

I did a lot of tidying up too, which pleased Gill, who was trying to keep going despite the pain.

Did a shop at the Co-op and Country Fresh, and at 4, visited Kate Lock to help her with her composting... a fairly dry bin of mainly animal bedding which wasn't composting down very well so we bagged that up and I took that bin down (a Comp 250) and replaced it with a 330 litre 'dalek' which I'd bought from St Nicks. We then 'turned' an existing bin's contents plus a sack of partly composted bedding into the newly installed bin, leaving one to be refilled. The other recently filled dalek was heaving with worms, as was a dustbin full of animal bedding and weeds. Kate has done so well with her 'green challenges', and she gave me a copy of her newly published book, Confessions of an Eco-Shopper. She also gave me a failed loaf she had tried to make using oat flour, but it hadn't risen (I explained why!) and I said it might make a good nutloaf... and was happy to be given it! Thanks Kate.

No comments: