Saturday 3 July 2010

Friday 2nd July 10

I was supposed to have a relaxing day and a lie-in..... but Gill came storming upstairs at 8.30, desperate to get our youngest off to school as she was late, and she'd had the bright idea to get him on his scooter and that would speed things up. But she couldn't work out how to open the steering stem into a right-angle to the foot platform. I did it instantly, whilst half asleep, but it woke me up.... so as Gill was doing the school run, I came down and did the washing up before breakfast.

I didn't do much until lunchtime, and after lunch I had a shower, with Gill holding the shower curtain and a towel so my plaster didn't get wet, which was good. Nice to wash my hair.

Gill went to school and I got ready to go to work; St Wilfred's Roman Catholic Primary School on Monkgate, their Summer Fundraising Fair. I'd already warned them that I wouldn't be able to unicycle around... but I had a very successful afternoon of juggling workshops, a bit of diabolo and devilstick, letting children try the unicycle toys, and giving away LOADS of balloon models. The event finished at 7.30 and I managed to do my last model at 7.45.

I got paid... because I couldn't do the full range of my tricks, I was offered (and accepted) a reduced fee, and I got changed and set off for Blossom St, where behind the Reel Cinema there is the Crescent Working Men's Club, the venue for the party to finish off the CarFree Cities Conference. Despite the discomfort and pain I was in, I had a lovely time and chatted to quite a few friends old and new, loved Rory Motion's set, he always makes me cry with laughter, and listened to all of Hot Fudge's set, and enjoyed most of the tunes and all of watching people dance.

I didn't stay to listen to DJ GreyGold's set and cycled home slowly, getting in at 12.15. Very tired, but watched Glastonbury on the TV and caught up with emails, facebook and blog.

No comments: