Saturday 1 August 2009

Saturday 1st August 09

A late start to the day. But a bit of a frustrating day as I'd intended to spend it at my half-allotment but it rained and rained, so I mooched around inside, read, did stuff on the computer and made a meal for all of us to have for tea. It was a mix of lasagne and moussaka... layers of the small sliced aubergines I rescued from the compostables last week and sliced and partially fried last night, tomato/onion sauce, made with sweet pepper paprika and fresh home-grown basil, some slightly out of date no-pre-cook sheets of lasagne and a brilliant cheese sauce made with wholemeal flour, goats milk and goats cheese (so Gill could have what everybody else was having) and my special ingredient for cheese sauce, a teaspoon full of french mustard.

I also sliced a butternut squash and baked that at the same time. The meal was delicious and Gill was really happy that I'd done that with my spare time.

I did have some time outside, splitting some logs and filling the wheelbarrow full of softwood sticks I cut yesterday, and stacking them carefully on the side of the shared passage between us and our neighbours.

I was very happy to get a fan-email from someone who came to Middleton Park a few weeks back, apparently her autistic daughter loved what I did and volunteered lots, and they are looking forward to seeing me again at the end of August. Glad the messages I get saying Professor Fiddlesticks is good far outweigh the few that I get who don't like what I do!

Whilst on facebook someone posted a comment upside down
uʍop ǝpısdn ʇuǝɯɯoɔ ɐ pǝʇsod ǝuoǝɯos ʞooqǝɔɐɟ uo ʇslıɥʍ
like this, and when several people had asked how it was done, they posted the URL:
http://www.sherv.net/flip.html and if you have a look further down the page, you'll find a way of making weird writing too. I'm not really into emoticons but this website has loads of these too! Fun and silliness on a wet day...

1 comment:

James said...

John

How about this, an evaporative cooler for keeping all your veg fresh. Free to run!

http://www.permaculturetokyo.blogspot.com/2006/11/passive-cooling.html