Sunday 13 December 2009

Sunday 13th December 09

Another early start... this time taking a train to Leeds and then Bradford where I was picked up by Jason in a HUGE vehicle and then on to the 'Abundant Life Church' who had me a year ago and although it was a successful gig for me and the children, I really didn't expect them to have me again! It is the highest compliment possible for an entertainer to be rebooked.

So I got changed and did a 45 minute show for the 5 to 11 year-olds, then a 15 minute performance with the 3 to 4 year olds, and then 10 minutes with the 0 to 2 year olds! It was a very fast-moving set of sessions, and well paid, and friendly, with thousands of people there. I got taken back to the station by a nice Fijian Rugby player in a much more sensible sized car... and met up with my friend Jess. We went for lunch, just a bowl of soup, and then walked back to the station where we chatted for another 20 minutes before the York train came in, and I was back in York before 3pm.

I got in and went to bed for a short time as I had fallen asleep on the train on the way back to York, but a nap restored my compost mentis-ness and I came down and spent time with the family and had tea. A fairly pleasant evening, though still tired and looking forward to a lie-in, I hope!

No comments: