Saturday 15 November 2008

Saturday 15th November 08

A very quiet and nothingy day in many ways. Slept til after 9, and came down to find Gill was putting together a potato and leek soup, so I lit the stove so that could simmer for a couple of hours. The boys were generally well behaved and enjoying the weekend. Gill took the bus into town, failing to persuade either of them to go with her. As our eldest is going on a fieldtrip next week, he needs assorted clothes, such as a coat and shoes, and she came back with various goodies.

I did a little bit of stick chopping and more stacking, and then came in as I was strangely tired. I organised a fun game of 'picture consequences' with the boys but that left me even more exhausted, and when Gill came in I excused myself and went to bed, initially to read NewScientist but fell asleep. Came down for tea, and we all chuckled through 'You've been Framed' and giggled through 'Harry Hill's TV Burp'. And then went up to bed again. But felt the need to come and do some of the washing up and help manage the kids who were now kicking off following a relatively boring day with little activity. Gill doesn't deserve that kind of treatment and with the two of us they don't mess her around as much.

No comments: