Wednesday 28 January 2015

Thursday 19th January 12

A really packed and perfect day.  Everything fitted together really well.

I got up just after the boys went to school by taxi and left the house an hour later just after 9am to get a bus sometime before 10.  At the bus stop, something happened which put me in a positive mood for the rest of the day.

I started chatting with a woman who like me was waiting for the bus which was a couple of minutes late.  She was waiting for her mother and they were heading to Leeds.  I told her that I was heading to Seacroft to donate platelets.  She said that I was really lovely to do that, as she had received platelets on several occasions as she had leukaemia. She thanked me for what I was doing.  I nearly cried.

I read some NewScientist on the bus and before long was at Seacroft, a few minutes early.  The donation went normally, 3 units in just over an hour. 

Can't remember if the evening held any highlights.

No comments: